Stay Connected with the Assembly
Participating in Assembly Meetings During COVID-19
- All Regular Assembly meetings and Assembly Committee meetings are being conducted via Zoom only. Click here to view the approved Assembly Virtual Meeting Protocols.
- Sign up for telephonic participation at Regular and Special Assembly meetings is available by completing the form on this webpage. Sign-up for Assembly Regional Emergency Services Advisory Committee and the Assembly Road Service Area Committee must be done by calling the Clerk's Office no later than 5 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- These procedures are subject to change. Please check this page often and prior to attending an assembly meeting or work session.
How to Listen to Assembly Meetings
There are 3 ways to listen to assembly meetings:
The Assembly is using Zoom to conduct its meetings. Citizens can listen via Zoom. This link will be updated routinely to reflect any upcoming meetings.
- Meeting: Regular Assembly Meeting, February 25, 2021 6:00 PM Alaska
- Launch Zoom Meeting
- Passcode: 553279
- Webinar ID: 160 929 8248
- Telephone: 646-828-7666 or 833-568-8864 (Toll Free)
All Assembly Regular, Special, Finance Committee and Committee of Whole meetings are live-streamed through FNSB Live Webcasts.
All Regular Assembly Meetings are broadcast on KUAC Radio 89.9 FM live at 7 p.m.
How to Obtain Agendas, Ordinances & Resolutions
Agendas and copies of all resolutions and ordinances remain available online in the Agenda Center at least 1 week prior to a meeting. Paper copies of agendas, ordinances, and resolutions are available on meeting days at the front entrance of the JHAC or in the lobby if the facility is open to the public.
How to Provide Testimony
Telephonic Testimony During Regular & Special Assembly Meetings
To sign up for telephonic testimony call the Borough Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 once the agenda has been published, or complete the Sign-Up form for Telephonic Testimony Form.
To complete the form, enter your first and last name, email address, phone number for the Clerk to call you during the meeting, and subject. Subjects are:
- Citizens Comments A
- Citizens Comments B
- Ordinance/Resolution Number, Liquor License Number, or Marijuana License Number for Public Hearing Items
Note: As always, citizen comments are not available during Finance Committee meetings and Committee of the Whole work sessions.
What to Expect When Testifying Telephonically
Public testimony will be heard from citizens in the order in which they have signed up. The Clerk will call those citizens who have signed up to testify at the phone number provided when it is their turn to speak. If you have signed up, the call you receive will come from an out-of-state number. You will hear an automated voice asking you to press the number 1 to join the meeting.
Once you are placed into the meeting the Presiding Officer will ask that you state your name, spell your last name, and provide your neighborhood or place of residence for the record, then your 3 minutes will begin.
Please note: If you do not answer the phone we will move to the next person on the list.
Current Meeting Agenda
When signing up to testify telephonically, indicate in the subject line either Citizen Comments A, Citizen Comments B, or a specific public hearing item.
- Citizens Comments A: Citizen may speak on agenda items not scheduled for public hearing:
- Bid Awards
- New Business Resolutions
- Ordinance to be Referred
- Ordinances to be Introduced and Advanced
- Unfinished Business
- Citizens Comment B: Citizen may speak on any matter not appearing on the agenda.
- Public Hearing:
- Item 13 Special Orders - Public Hearing
- Liquor Licenses
- Marijuana Licenses
- Ordinances and Resolutions Scheduled for Public Hearing